March 20, 2009

Ok guys so I FINALLY did it! I finally made another weekly splurge purchase at Sephora!!WHOO HOOO!!

I know, I know- THANK YOU! Please hold your applause for the END of the show!! LOL

In previous blogs I mentioned that I stopped doing my splurge buys at Sephora just $40 short of attaining my 500 point prize. My mind has been wandering to other purchases and my makeup collection is complete for now, so it has been difficult to return to Sephora. I would like to begin working on other projects, but I realize I must finish what I’ve started and get my prize!!

Sephora DID make it easy on me to make this purchase though. Spring is in the air and Summer is close behind. What better way to ring in the new seasons than with a new eyeshadow palette?

But not just ANY palette! One full of bright spring shadows, glimmering bronzer, pale pink blush and an assortment of creamy lip balm colors for only $20?!! Are you SERIOUS?!!

When I saw this online I fell in love!


I like purchasing seasonal makeup palettes b/c it feels like I have the “best of the best” for that season, and I don’t have to spend a lot of money to buy the full sizes. By the end of the season I’m usually over the colors anyways, so it works out well. But usually in a seasonal palette there are some colors you love and some you never touch. The thing I LOVE about THIS palette is that EVERY color is gorgeous and wearable! Also every review I read on this palette gave it FIVE STARS so I was really eager to get my grubby splurging little hands on it! lol

So for 3 days straight I stalked Sephora at Perimeter to get this palette, and each time I got there (at 11:30am in the morning, mind you) they had JUST sold out!!
Are you kidding? The mall JUST opened an hour ago and you are SOLD OUT?!

I started getting antsy about whether or not I would even be able to get the palette, so I just bit the bullet yesterday and purchased online. I have to pay $5 shipping but I figure it evens out in the gas I spent checking in at the mall. But this gives me 22 more points towards my grand prize... $18 more bucks shouldn't be TOO hard to spend!! =)

If you are interested in this product just remember its limited edition! So once it’s gone- it's gone! (And it’s already selling out in stores, so don’t wait too long to get yours!!)

Ladies, I assure you these are all the makeup colors you will need for this season, and even in tough economic times $22 is a deal you can’t pass up for everything included.

This set contains:
- 36 eyeshadows
- 12 lip glosses
- 3 blushes
- bronzer
- 3 applicators

***

In other news, phase 2 of my hair color process will commence this week! Even though my hair is no longer BLACK, it is still not quite what I pictured for the season!

I DID take a vote via text with some of my buddies to see if I should go more red or a lighter color… and the votes are in!

I’ll update you guys with a new picture this weekend after it’s complete so you can see the voting results!

Once I get these beauty projects out of the way, it’s time for some mommy projects to begin!

Upcoming Events:

-Easter Theme Birthday & Egg Hunt!
-4 of our kid's birthdays in a 6 week span!
-A "Royal" Birthday Event!
-Mother's Day!
-Sarina and Mimi as flower girls in my cousin's upcoming black & white themed wedding!

Whew, I’m a busy woman!!
Later for now!