March 16, 2009

Soap Opera Drama

I got an email today from New York & Co. ( my career wear store) that all this month on All My Children, all of the actresses will be wearing clothes from NY&Co.’s new spring collection.

I haven’t watched soap operas in AGES, but I’m thinking about checking it out after work on Soap Network to see how they put the clothes together.



NY&Co. is a great store for work clothes b/c they have lots of button downs, pencil skirts and career pants at WAYYY affordable prices. I haven’t shopped there for anything BUT work clothes b/c some of their clothing is a little “mature” for me. It will be interesting to see how some Hollywood Soap Stars can jazz it up for afternoon primetime!





Reading this email made me realize how long it’s been since I watched the soaps.

My mom has been a faithful fan of Young & the Restless and Bold & the Beautiful since before I was a baby. I remember when I would get off the school bus in elementary school I couldn’t talk to her for like the first 15 minutes I was home b/c General Hospital wasn’t over yet. LOL

After high school I went to college early in the morning, but worked second shift so I was usually home around lunch time. I think that was when I first started watching them faithfully and really got into the story lines.

But once I got my first 8 to 5 job, that kinda ended. We used to have a TV in the breakroom of my old job, but some channel hog was always watching news by the time I got to lunch. I didn’t want to seem trivial and ask someone to turn off CNN b/c “my stories” were on!!

I never got into the "Passions" craze that everyone seemed to be on a few years ago. (REMEMBER THAT?!!! HAHA)

I couldn't watch a soap opera that had a witch AND a midget!
That is just TOO MUCH going on!!
And I had to draw the LINE on that one when some GROWN ASS MEN asked me if I had seen the latest "Passions" episode. ( YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!! puhahah)

I wonder if any of the characters I even remember are still on the soaps?

On Y&R- Is Victor still running the show? Did him and Nikki ever get back together? What about my favorite couple Cricket and Danny? Is Mrs. Chancellor still ALIVE?

On B&B- Is Brooke still trying to lockdown Ridge? Is his mom Stephanie still interfering in their relationship? Did Dr. Taylor come back from death to reunite with Ridge? Hahahahahaha

I’ve never watched All My Children, but I’ll check it out and see what it’s about.

If anybody still keeps up with the stories, give me the scoop on the ppl I listed above!!