May 12, 2009

Mimi's Princess Party Recap

I LOVE this picture of her!! Isn't she so darn cute?!! LOL


Ok, so the cake did not totally come out as planned (and I beat myself up over it all night!) Several factors came into play- I didn't have the right size dimensions for my cake pans, and the heat made one of my cakes fall (and my sugar cones begin to unravel!!).

Oh well, certainly not professional level, but here goes.


And her princess decorations...
(Around only $6 TOTAL spent on this table set up and it came out great!)


Mimi loved it none the less!
Here is a picture of her eagerly waiting for the cake to finish baking...


And here are all of the ingredients (Baked Diabetes, I think)


The first layer was the most time consuming...
(note the time on my stove clock!)


Her she is with her present.


The envy of other babies, haha!
(Lesa I know what Jada wants for Christmas!!!)


And a couple of highlights from our day at the Renaissance Festival!

Grandma gave the girls temporary purple streaks and nail polish



Ok, I begged her to give them to me too!! LOL


Mimi arrived like a true princess, carried by her ninja bodyguard! LOL
My brother is slightly retarded, but She loved it, and he pretty much MADE the party with his goofy ninja antics!


Some of the girls showing off their painted faces.


The "fairy store" where they bought their wings


Parrots of the Carribean, Bird exhibit


The Guys trying their hand at archery


By the end of the day, it was determined that we NEED for our home:
1. A Talking Parrot (with pirate accent)
2. Bow and Arrows & Bullseye for the backyard
3. I should start making "turkey legs" for dinner!
4. And possibly ninja suits for the whole family!! =D

We had an AWESOME experience, kids loved the festival, and then they topped it off with a sugar high from my cake! LOL

Tai, the ONLY boy, is the next birthday on the calendar- in another week!
Now I'm working on my plans for him....