May 8, 2009

A Royal Birthday Affair



So my baby Madison's 3rd birthday party is tomorrow and this is the cake I am making for her tonight...



I decided to go with a castle theme for her cake since we are having her birthday party at the Georgia Renaissance Festival. I found this adorable and easy cake from one of my FAV blogs- Hostess with Mostess!

Now I have to scramble to my local SuperTarget at lunch with my shopping list so everything can be prepared tonight.

I must say though, this is the funnest shopping list I have EVER had!

-Strawberry cake mix (no time to make anything from scratch tonight)
-kids ice cream cones
-pink ice cream cones
-sugar cones in various sizes
-bubbletabe
-smarties
-runts
-gummy lifesavers
-necco wafers
-pink and purple balloons
-Dora the Explorer wrapping paper
-big purple bow

I already have my cake pans in various sizes, a glass cake stand and a giant, industrial-size vat of cake icing from my splurge on Tre'stin and Tayler's cake.
Hopefully this cake will turn out a replica of the picture above!! (fingers crossed)

After our day at the Renaissance Festival I get to WOW her with her present, which I'm sure she is totally unexpecting...
Being the Dora fanatic that she is, and seeing the sheer delight she has playing at centers in daycare, I decided to combine the two for her gift!



I can't wait to see her face when she opens the box, which also happens to be bigger than her!!