May 27, 2009

Tai's Birthday Ideas



Okay so birthday 4 out of 5 for our kids is upon us, and this may be my biggest challenge yet!

I'm really not sure where to begin because:

1. Tai is a boy.
I'm great with little girl theme's because I only had girls before. Things that boys are into are not really my forte...

2. Tai is a PRETEEN boy.
Which makes it even more difficult! He is well beyond Cowboys & Indians, Cops & Robbers, Tonka Trucks & Dirt!
I want him to enjoy his birthday as much as the girls have, but I want to make sure I'm not picking a theme that's too "baby" or "lame". LOL

One good thing I have to work off of is that Tai definitely has a passion for gaming.
I think my safest bet would be to plan something Gamer Related for him.
Now the important thing is picking a game he thinks is "cool"...
Is Sonic the Hedgehog still what's hip? LOL- Ok, just kidding!

I think it's safe to say that with gamers, HALO 3 is universal.


But now that I've started to look for party stuff- man, it's really hard to find party favors for ANYTHING beyond Mario! What is the DEAL with that?

Looks like I'm going to have to get creative on this one...
And the best place to start is with a cake!!

I found this really cool one online and I think it will be my inspiration...



As a gift I think we are getting him his own gamer tag on XBOX live- Apparently it's not "cool" to share a screen name with your dad!
(Even if your dad is TRE! lol)
I want to get him a couple of other things too but not sure what yet. Like I said, this is tough for me. I don't want to screw things up!!

Wish me luck!